By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
- 2 cups kohlrabi, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup carrots, scrubbed or peeled and julienned
- 1 cup fresh parsley, green onions, or basil (or a combination of all three!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Horner’s Corner Maple Syrup or substitute Ames Farm Honey*
- Salt and pepper to taste*
In a large bowl, combine kohlrabi, carrots, and herbs. Stir to combine. In a small bowl or glass jar, combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup (or honey), and salt & pepper if desired. Whisk or shake in a sealed jar until well combined. Pour the dressing over the kohlrabi mixture and toss until combined. Serve immediately.
*Options not included in nutrition facts.
Tip: Kohlrabi may have a slightly sweet taste, but it’s rough around the edges! Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to peel off the tough outer layers.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 cup (142g), Calories 180 (Calories from fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 110%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about Meet Your Vegetables!