As the market has started to open up again, many of you have asked, “What can I do to support the market?”
You can help by making a donation today. Our donors and Friends of the Market grow our mission to support a healthier community through partnerships, educational programming, and support for organic farmers and local food producers.
This year, your support will help us to:
Operate a safe and healthy marketplace as we emerge from COVID-19
- Ensure the viability of a supportive marketplace for more than 100 small local farms and businesses who employ over 625 individuals and depend on us as their primary storefront.
- Provide vendors with guidance on marketing, regulations and operations.
Support farmers and food makers through the Next Stage Grant program
- Lead a committee review of a record number of applications totaling over $113,000 from local farmers and food makers seeking support for hardship or growing toward the “next stage” of their businesses.
- Fund and support 15 projects with grants totaling $73,415 ranging from deer fences to protect hard-earned harvests, to irrigation systems for leased farmland, to projects that increase efficiencies, enabling farms to scale-up.
Ensure access to healthy, sustainably-produced local food
- Increase awareness of our Market Bucks program, which stretches the buying power of shoppers using EBT cards by matching purchases dollar-per-dollar up to $10 at the market.
- Provide 60 families in Cedar Riverside with free, weekly market produce through our food donation program Greens for Good.
Your donation to the Mill City Farmers Market Charitable Fund as a donor and Friend of the Market is tax-deductible.
Thank you again for all of the ways you are committed to supporting a thriving local food community. It’s truly a team effort, and everything you do – from shopping at the market, making a donation, to simply spreading the word about your favorite farmer or maker with a friend – has a reverberating impact.
More reasons to donate
By joining the Friends of the Market at any level, you become part of a circle of supporters that receive exclusive communications and perks designed for folks who are devoted fans and passionate about making a difference in the local food community.