Scheduled Live Music
Mill City Farmers Market receives many applications for music, and we are honored that we have so many talented musicians who would like to share their music with our community. We intentionally choose music to align with our our organization’s values, including: loyalty to our longstanding musicians, promoting diverse musicians and musical styles that represent our larger Minnesota community, showcasing local acts from the Twin Cities area and choosing music that creates a welcoming shopping environment.
Note: We are not scheduling live music for the 2022 market season, however, busking is still welcome per market policies outlined below.
George, one of the Market’s regular buskers, on the bongo drum. Pictured at the top of the page is another Market regular, Rueben Correa.
Mill City Farmers Market allows busking around the Saturday Market with Market Manager’s permission and direction. We typically welcome busking at the market’s three entrances: near the Guthrie seating area, at the corner of Chicago Avenue & S. 2nd Street, and at West River Parkway. Busking is not inside our winter markets.
Busking at Mill City Farmers Market is first come first serve. If you arrive at the market in the morning and another musician is playing, please respect their space by playing somewhere else or returning on a different Saturday.
We kindly ask that busking musicians respect the farmers market operations by:
- Playing a variety of quality, acoustic music that creates a welcoming shopping environment. Amplified sound is not allowed without Market approval and a permit from the City of Minneapolis.
- Allowing ample space for visitor traffic (not crowding walkways, driveways or vendors’ ability to interact with customers).
- Setting up adjacent to the market but not within the market, unless otherwise discussed with the Market Manager
- Setting up a safe and minimal footprint, keeping in mind our site can be extremely windy. Large tents, umbrellas or tables are not allowed (stools or small signs with artists’ name are fine).
- Packing up before paid music begins, when applicable
For questions about busking, please contact us at email@example.com.