Creamy Ukranian Cucumber Salad
By MCFM Nutrition Interns
- 4 large cucumbers (peeled or not depending on preference and peel thickness)
- ¼ cup fresh dill, or 4 tsp dried
- ½ – 1 medium onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 3 Tbsp greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1-2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and then cut into thin half moons. Half, peel, and thinly slice onion. Repeat this process with the tomatoes if using. Add the cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes to a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl add remaining ingredients. Mix, and taste for seasoning.
Add dressing to the bowl with the cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes and toss to mix thoroughly. Taste again and adjust as needed.