By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
Makes 4 Servings.
- 3 ears sweet corn, husks removed and kernels cut off cob
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lime, juice only
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- *Optional: feta cheese from Singing Hills Farm
In a medium bowl, combine raw corn kernels and zucchini. toss until well-combined. In a small bowl or glass jar, whisk together garlic, lime juice, basil, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over corn and zucchini mixture. Crumble feta cheese on top, if desired.* Serve Immediately.
*Option not included in nutrition facts.
Tip: You can substitute thawed and drained frozen corn for fresh corn in this recipe when sweet corn is out of season.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 cup (172g), Calories 120 (Calories from fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about Meet Your Vegetables!