Summertime Pasta Salad with Market Vegetables and Josephine's "Shake the Bottle" Vinaigrette
By Heather Meyer
- 1-2 packages Dumpling & Strand egg pasta, cooked per directions on the package. Rinse with cool water and set aside
- 4 cups chopped market vegetables, cooked (we love Nistler’s sweet corn, broccoli from Burning River, and greens from everyone!)
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2/3 cup vinaigrette
- fresh goat cheese curds from Singing Hills, chopped
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Check for salt and pepper.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic (optional, Josephine is not keen, but I like it)
- 1/3 cup vinegar, we love balsamic, but apple cider, or red wine vinegar works too!
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced herbs (basil and thyme is nice)
- 1/2 cup good extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients in a jar, shake until well combined. Will hold in fridge for 5 days.
I also like to add a minced fresh tomato, extra herbs, and green onions as well.
Pasta salad will last in the fridge for 2 days. This screams out “take me to a picnic!”