Burning River Farm has been vending at Mill City Farmers Market since the first year in 2006. Owned by Mike Noreen, the Certified Naturally Grown (the grassroots alternative to USDA Organic) farm located in Frederic, WI has the goal of the farm to grow delicious produce and participate in strengthening the local foods movement. Mike and his team grow their produce on 15-acres without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. This means their fertility is compost and cover crop based, using generous crop rotation to improve the health of the produce and land. They grow produce you can feel good about!
Burning River Farm specializes in field grown greens and salad mix as well as standard and eclectic vegetable favorites. In addition to farmers markets, they have several wholesale and restaurant accounts around the Twin Cities.
In the News:
- ‘What it means to be Certified Naturally Grown’ (The Journal, Sept 2018)
- ‘Time to grill the pizza for summer meals’ (Star Tribune, 2018)
- ‘Market Watch: Let the salad spinning begin’ (Star Tribune, 2011)
- ‘Building a Better Salad’ (Star Tribune, 2010)
- ‘Certified Naturally Grown. Really?’ (American Public Media, 2010)