By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 ½ cups grated cucumbers
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped parsley
- 4 Tablespoons tahini
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one small lemon
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced (or substitute 2-3 garlic scapes or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste*
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, onion and parsley and toss until well-combined.
In a small bowl or glass jar with lid, whisk or shake together remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetable mixture, and toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 ¼ cup (211g), Calories 160 (Calories from fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 140%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%
*Option not included in nutrition facts
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about our Meet Your Vegetables nutrition internship!