By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves, washed
- 1 16-ounce can of garbonzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients. Blend until smooth. Serve with sliced radishes or seasonal vegetables of your choice.
Produce Storage Tip:
Store leftover spinach in an air-tight container or zip-close bag in the produce crisper drawer on high humidity for maximum freshness and shelf life.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1/4 cup (60g), Calories 130 (from fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about Meet Your Vegetables!