Veggie Lettuce Wraps
By MCFM Nutrition Interns
- 6 large leaves of romaine or other sturdy lettuce
- 1/4 cup tamari or other soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, basil or mint
In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, lemon juice and sesame oil. Set aside. Lay lettuce leave flat on a clean surface. Layer vegetables and herbs inside. Roll up the leaves and serve with tamari dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 wrap with 1 Tbsp. sauce (141g), Calories 50 (Calories from fat 15), Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Option not included in nutrition facts
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about our Meet Your Vegetables nutrition internship!