By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
Try using different combinations of in-season vegetables and herbs for filling your lettuce wraps. You can even add pantry items such as hummus, buts or feta cheese to make them more filling and flavorful! Makes 6 lettuce wraps.
- 6 large leaves of romaine or other sturdy lettuce
- 1/4 cup tamari or other soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, basil or mint
In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, lemon juice and sesame oil. Set aside. Lay lettuce leave flat on a clean surface. Layer vegetables and herbs inside. Roll up the leaves and serve with tamari dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 wrap with 1 Tbsp. sauce (141g), Calories 50 (Calories from fat 15), Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Option not included in nutrition facts
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about our Meet Your Vegetables nutrition internship!