You’re in for a treat with this gazpacho recipe by Market Chef Nettie Colon. She wowed our Harvest Social 2023 attendees, then recreated it at the market for Mill City Cooks – now the full recipe is here for you to recreate and enjoy!
By Nettie Colón
- 1 medium cantaloupe melon seeded and chopped from Nistler Farms
- 2 cups of watermelon diced from Bean Market
- 4 Roma tomatoes peeled and cored from Urban Roots
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and cored from Clover Bee Farm
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for richness & extra for drizzling when serving
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cantaloupe, watermelon, tomatoes and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Continue blending and slowly add the olive oil and vinegar until combined.
- Strain through a regular strainer, pressing down to extract every bit of juice. Discard pulp.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.