By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
You can also use dried cranberries or cherries when strawberries are out of season. Makes about 2 cups
- 1 large beet, grated
- 1 cup packed beet greens and/or other greens (kale, spinach, etc.), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt or more to taste*
In a medium bowl, combine grated beets, chopped greens, sunflower seeds and chopped strawberries. In a small bowl or glass jar with lid mix or shake together remaining ingredients until well combined. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss until well-coated. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 cup (166g), Calories 160 (Calories from fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 12g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Option not included in nutrition facts
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about our Meet Your Vegetables nutrition internship!