Beet and Carrot Salad
By MCFM Nutrition Interns
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrot
- 1 cup peeled and shredded beet (young, tender red beets are best)
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh mint or parsely (optional)
- feta cheese and walnuts (optional)
- grated apple
Combine the shredded beets and carrots.
Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and toss with beet and carrot mixture. Enjoy pure and simple as is, or be creative and throw in one of the optional add-ins!