This is a great complement to seared Wild Run Salmon or Sunshine Harvest Farm chicken and pork. It is also delicious served on a local charcuterie board full of farmers market cheeses, pickles and jams.
Raw Beet Relish
By Beth Jones
- 1 small beet, red, gold, or striped chioggia, peeled
- 1 small turnip, peeled but only if the skin is tough
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground blacke pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
Grate the beet, turnip and rutabaga using a food processor, or a box grater. Mix in the scallion, olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the dill just before serving and mix.