By: Jenny Breen
Make this salad your #WeeklyMarketMeal by tossing it with some smoked trout from or goat cheese. Serves 4-6.
- 2 medium yams or 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 leek or 1/2 bunch green onions, washed and diced smal
- 2 cups cooked solider, navy, or similar beans from Bean Market
- 8 ounces smoked trout from Star Prairie Trout Farm (optional)
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese from Singing Hills Dairy (optional)
Combine in a food processor or blender. Add more oil as needed to reach desired consistency.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups spinach, radish tops, kale, basil, or parsley leaves, or a combination
- 1 tsp salt
Boil yams/squash and potatoes. When soft (not mushy), remove from the heat and cool in a colander under cold water. Meanwhile, mix the oil, vinegar, yogurt, honey and salt together. Combine cooked potatoes, yams/squash, celery, onion/leeks and beans in a bowl. Mix together a 1/2 cup of the pesto with the yogurt sauce. Combine with vegetables and mix in optional ingredients if desired. Serve warm or cold.