Smashed Potatoes with Savory Mint-Jam Dressing
- 2 lbs. small to medium round potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil, separated
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup savory jam from Serious Jam (Think: garlic, tomato, pepper, onion, etc.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped (fresh tarragon, or rosemary will also be great!)
- ½ cup soft cheese from our farmers, to crumble on top of potatoes
Cut potatoes in half and soak in water for 30 minutes. Drain potatoes, and place on paper towels to dry. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 375 (or grill to medium high). Cook potatoes, turning as needed until soft. When potatoes are done, place on cutting board and smash with a saucepan.
Next, whisk together remaining olive oil, jam and herbs in a large bowl. Add the smashed potatoes and stir to evenly coat with oil. Serve warm or at room temperature with crumbled cheese on top. Potatoes will keep in fridge with dressing for upt to 2 days.