Beef Lettuce Wraps
By Heather Hartman
- 2lbs grass-fed ground beef from Sunshine Harvest Farm
- 4 greens onions, chopped and white and green parts separated
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, separated
- 1-2 heads lettuce (preferrably with large leaves)
- 1 Tablespoon neutral high heat oil like sunflower or canola
- 5 Tablespoons Chinese sweet bean past or ground bean paste
- 2 Tablespoons honey from Ames Farm or Nistler Farm
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriacha or chili paste
- Grated carots and radishes
- Chopped basil, mint and/or cilantro, optional for serving
- Sesame seeds or peanuts, optional for serving
First, pull apart the lettuce leaves and immerse in water to wash. Place on tea towel or paper towels to dry.
Second, make the sauce by combining the bean paste, honey, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil and chili paste
Next, combine the ground beef, green onions, ginger, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a bowl and mix until well combined.
In a heavy skillet, heat the oil until hot. Add the beef mixture and cook until done, stirring the beef as it cooks to break it apart. Add the sauce mixture and cook 2 more minutes. Serve beef with lettuce leaves, radishes, carrots chopped green onion greens and other toppings to make the wraps.