By: Jenny Breen
Inspiring you to cook one #WeeklyMarketMeal per week with ingredients from local farmers and makers!
For the Chimichurri
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup minced red or green onion
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tacos
- 6 cups assorted vegetables (cauliflower, beets, zuchini, onions, peppers, corn-off the cob, etc.), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Crumbled goat cheese from Singing Hills
- Fresh or quick-pickled radishes (thinly sliced and marinated in salt and vinegar)
Finely chop and mash chimichurri ingredients in mortar and pestle or pulse in a food processor until creamy. Set aside.
Combine chopped vegetables with herbs, syrup, oil and salt. Roast vegetables in a 400 degree oven or on a hot grill until charred. Add more oil if the vegetables seem dry. Stir as needed.
Heat corn tortillas. Fill with vegetables, top with cheese, radishes and chimichurri as desired.