This recipe is made to be flexible. Use the ingredient list here as a template and substitute leftovers or whatever vegetables, herbs or greens are in season at the market–have fun!
Grilled Vegetable Tacos with Chimichurri
By Jenny Breen
For the Chimichurri
*Feel free to substitute any green leafy herbs for the chimichurri, to total about 2 cups
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley*
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil*
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro*
- 1/2 Tablespoons fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup minced red or green onion
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tacos
- 6 cups assorted vegetables (cauliflower, beets, zuchini, onions, peppers, corn-off the cob, etc.), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Crumbled goat cheese from Singing Hills or Shepherds Hope cheese from Shepherd’s Way
- Radishes, fresh or quick-pickled (thinly slice and marinate in salt and vinegar)
Finely chop and mash chimichurri ingredients in mortar and pestle or pulse in a food processor until creamy. Set aside.
Combine chopped vegetables with herbs, syrup, oil and salt. Roast vegetables in a 400 degree oven or on a hot grill until charred. Add more oil if the vegetables seem dry. Stir as needed.
Heat corn tortillas. Fill with vegetables, top with cheese, radishes and chimichurri as desired.