DIY Ramen Bowls
By Nettie Colón
For the broth:
- 8 cups of Abrothecary Ramen Broth
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced thin or mandolin into thin strips
- 1 small bunch chopped bitter greens, kale, cabbage or bok choi
- any other vegetable of your liking that is available at the farmers market (mushrooms, beets, peas, corn, zucchini)
For the noodles:
- Ramen noodles, preferrably fresh but dried work!
For the toppings:
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch green onions
- Other herbs like cilantro and basil
- Sesame oil
Broth – Bring broth to a boil, then lower heat, add the market vegetables of your choice and simmer, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking. If needed you can adjust seasoning with a drizzle of soy sauce.
Noodles: Bring water to a boil. If you want you may add salt at this point. Drop the ramen in the boiling water and gently stir. Ramen will cook in 3 minutes so have a colander or strainer ready to drain the noodles when they are done. Set noodles aside. Make sure to cook noodles closer to time of serving the ramen to prevent from getting cold or sticking together.
Toppings – Hard boil eggs, green onions, sesame oil.
Assembly – Portion noodles into 4 bowls, ladle the ramen broth with the vegetables into each bowl and top with egg, green onions, a drizzle of sesame oil and any other garnish that you may like.