Give your next round of refrigerator pickles a kick with this recipe from our vendor Lost Capital Foods, featuring their Bailout fermented sweet chili hot sauce. Feel free to substitute other seasonal vegetables or another flavor of Lost Capital sauce to make this one your own! Makes one quart-sized jar of pickles.
Bailout Crunchy Fridge Pickles
By MCFM Vendors
- One 32 oz (quart) Mason Jar
- 16 oz Filtered Water
- 16 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon coarse Kosher Salt
- About 3 cups pickling cucumbers (4-6″ length, ~1.5″ diameter) or a mix of chopped seasonal vegetables such as cucumbers, cauliflower, onions, sweet corn and bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill Seed
- 6 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 3 ablespoons Lost Capital ‘Bailout’ hot sauce
Mix water, vinegar and salt in a bowl or bottle until the salt dissolves. Set aside. Wash cucumbers or chopped mixed vegetables and add to mason jar. Add dill seed and garlic. Pour water vinegar mixture into mason jar up to cover the vegetables and add the Bailout hot sauce.
Place in fridge for two weeks or until it reaches the desired crunchy state. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.