By: Nettie Colón
- 6 Lamb Tarragon Bratwurst* or any other flavor of bratwurst of your choice from Sunshine Harvest Farm
- 4 cups greens* (spinach, arugula, microgreens or any other greens that you would like)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red globe radishes*
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced salad turnips*
- ¼ cup shredded carrots*
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint*
- 1 tablespoon chives*
- 1 tablespoon of green garlic* or 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 baguettes*, split and grilled or toasted
*Sourced at Mill City Farmers Market
In a large saucepan combine bratwurst and water; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, rearranging once until sausage reach 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Meanwhile, for the salad, in a medium bowl combine greens, radishes, salad turnips, and carrots. In a small bowl stir together buttermilk, sour cream, mint, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add buttermilk mixture to greens & radish mixture and toss gently to coat.
For a charcoal or gas grill, place bratwurst on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning occasionally. Serve bratwurst in the baguette and top with the “slaw”.