Market Chef Jenny Breen’s spring pizza is the perfect palette for spring farmers market finds like ramps, spinach and farmstead cheeses. Watch Jenny’s digital cooking class and get the recipe below.
Ramp Pesto Pizza
By Jenny Breen
For the Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch ramps
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds
- Olive oil
For the Pizza
- Premade pizza crust (or use Jenny’s recipe to make your own, here)
- 1-2 medium golden beets, small diced and roasted or sauteed with olive oil and maple syrup
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 handfuls spinach, roughly chopped or torn
- Aged cheese like Shepherd’s Way Freisago
- Soft goat cheese from Singing Hills
Combine pesto ingredients in a food processor, blender or mortar and pestle. Mix until desired consistency. Add more olive oil as needed and season with salt to taste.
Spread pesto on your pizza crust. Top with roasted golden beets, chick peas, spinach and cheeses. Bake for 10 minutes at 375.