Lamb and Feta Burgers with Mint Tahini Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb from Sunshine Harvest Farm
- 2/3 cup finely crumbled feta cheese from Singing Hills Goat Dairy
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large tomato sliced into rounds
- 2 large whole-wheat pitas with pockets
- 2 cups arugula or spinach
For the Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Start by making the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk the tahini and water until it’s completely smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate the sauce until ready to use.
Preheat a grill (or grill pan) over medium-high heat.
Place the lamb, feta shallot, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until everything is well incorporated. Mold the meat into four 1-inch-thick oval patties. Make a small indent with your thumb in the center of each burger to keep it from puffing up on the grill.
Place the burgers on the grill, thumbprint side down, and cook for about 4 minutes per side for a medium burger. Remove the burgers from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the pitas on the grill for a minute or two until they’re nice and warm.
Slice the pitas in half. Nestle each burger inside a pita half. Top each with a slice (or two) of tomato, and add 1/2 cup of the arugula or spinach. Drizzle generously with Mint Tahini Sauce and serve immediately.