Broccoli Slaw With Citrus Dressing
By Jenny Breen
- 4 large broccoli stalks, shredded
- 4 carrots shredded
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry spices (cumin, chili powder, turmeric)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup diced fruit (orange, pineapple, apricot)
- roasted nuts for garnish, optional
- sliced fresh bread, optional for serving
Place the broccoli and carrots into a serving bowl.
Put the peanut butter into a small bowl and whisk in the juice. Add the vinegar, curry spices, honey and red pepper flakes and whisk. Check the flavor and adjust to taste. Pour over broccoli slaw and mix well.
Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to develop. Stir in fruit just before serving, garnished with a sprinkling of roasted peanuts, or served on sliced bread like a sandwich, if desired.