By: Brenda Langton
For the Sauce
- ¾ cup natural style or homemade peanut butter
- ½-3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½- 2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
For the pasta
- 8-12 ounces soba noodles
- 4 cups thinly sliced or shredded seasonal vegetables: Napa cabbage, carrots, red cabbage, pea pods, bell peppers, etc.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2-4 cups shredded lettuce and/or other greens
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- fresh lime wedges
Combine sauce ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Transfer to medium bowl and dress liberally with peanut sauce, reserving some. Make a bed of thinly sliced vegetables on top of greens. Garnish noodles with peanuts and green onions. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and lime wedges on the side.