By: Jenny Breen
This vibrant and versatile sauce is great over cooked polenta with seared salamon, a dollop of chevré goat cheese and a pinch of micro greens for garnish!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos or other hot pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seed
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup maple syrup or sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, jalapeno and ginger for about 3 minutes. Add coriander and mustard seed, rhubarb, orange juice, syrup, orange peel and salt and allow to simmer on very low heat until very thick, about 20-30 minutes.