By: Heather Meyer
Makes 3 cups. Serve with pork chops, grilled duck breasts, or bison sausages.
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced (1 large onion)
- 1 lb. rhubarb, diced small (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1/2teaspoon mustard powder
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil and onion and cook for 6 minutes until translucent and soft. Add the rhubarb, brown sugar, and water, increase heat to medium high. Allow the sugar to melt, bringing the mixture to a low boil. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Rhubarb should be soft. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Take off heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to blender and puree or use an immersion blender in the pan.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-4 days.