By: Beth Jones
Makes 5-6 cups. This is great served as a relish for bratwurst, or over fish, chicken or lamb., and as a side to Beth’s Sweet Corn Pancakes!
- 4 cups fresh corn, cut off the cobs (about 8 ears)
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 red onion, small dice
- 1 cucumber, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or sweet curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 serrano chili pepper sliced thin or 1 jalapeno sliced thin (optional)
Mix all ingredients together in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool and season with salt and pepper (if needed). Refrigerate for up to 1 week or can the relish to save it even longer.