- 1/3 cup vinegar (balsamic, apple cider, red or white wine or even fresh lemon juice–cook’s preference!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic or 1 shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh herbs (optional)
Add all ingredients to a Mason jar with lid (or other tight-sealing container). Seal and shake until well combined. Vinaigrette will last refrigerated for 5-7 days and will separate, so shake before each use.