Chilled Cucumber Soup
By Beth Jones
- 6 cups buttermilk
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 bell pepper, small dice
- 8 radishes, small dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 Tablespoons lemon oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint, chopped
In a blend, combine buttermilk, peeled cucumbers and sour cream. Purée until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the diced cucumber, bell pepper, radish and garlic. Stir in the scallions, lemon juice or oil, salt and white pepper and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Garnish with the dill and mint just before serving.