By: Beth Jones
This is a delicious recipe that is great for breakfast when served with yogurt or as dessert over ice cream (like our recipe for sweet corn ice cream!) or pound cake. Share your photos of this dish with #WeeklyMarketMeal and #MillCityCooks. Serves 4-6.
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked, grilled or charred, and cut off the cobs
- 1 pint fresh ground cherries, husks removed and well washed
- 1 pint blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Yogurt, ice cream or pound cake for serving
Mix the honey and water. Add a few of the ground cherries and crush with the back of a spoon. Stir to combine. Add the remaining ground cherries, grilled corn, and the blueberries. Spoon over the yogurt or dessert with the honey syrup, and sprinkle sunflower seeds and a small bit of sea salt over the top.