Tare Market strives to make sustainable living convenient and accessible to all people, so as a community we can decrease our environmental impact. In order to simplify the process for you, they make it their duty to vet the products they carry, so you can reduce your carbon footprint, lead a more sustainable lifestyle, and live more in tune with the natural environment.
After graduating with a degree in Conservation Biology, Tare Market’s Founder, Amber Haukedahl traveled through South America operating research stations. She felt that the work she was doing to help protect habitat for endangered species was falling short, and that she wanted to do more to help make a positive impact on the environment.
When she discovered zero waste after moving to Minnesota in 2017, Amber was empowered to live a waste-free lifestyle and to help others do the same. After two years of educating herself on zero waste, facilitating presentations around the Twin Cities, tabling at events and fairs, and developing the business concept for Tare Market (the first zero waste store in Minnesota!) she opened Tare Market. Since its inception, it has grown to include over 700 products, support many women and BIPOC makers, and help divert over 34,000 plastic bags from the landfill.
Click here for a full list of the items that Tare Market will be bringing to the Market.
In the NEws
- Minnesota’s first store dedicated to ‘zero wasters’ wants to keep trash out of landfills (Star Tribune, February 2019)
- Coming Soon: Tare Market (MSP Magazine, April 2019)
- Sustainable shop Tare Market opening second store in Northeast Minneapolis (Mpls St. Paul Business Journal, February 2022)
- Tare Market Opens Second Zero-Waste Location on Earth Day (Midwest Home, April 2022)
- Small Business Spotlight: Tare Market, For a Zero Waste Lifestyle (Mill City Times, August 2022)
- Zero-waste store Tare Market expands to online shopping (Kare 11, April 2023)