By: Brenda Langton
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 ears of corn, blanched and shaved off
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic or your favorite Vinegar, not red Balsamic…it’s too dark
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 can Garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can Red Kidney beans, drained
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil or cilantro, your choice of herb
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
Trim the fresh green beans and blanch in boiling water until done, about 4 minutes, pull out with a strainer and rinse w cold water.
Now blanch the corn in the same water for 3 minutes, cool and cut off the cob.
Dice the red onion.
Whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
In a serving bowl mix the green beans, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, corn onion and fresh herbs.
Serve chilled as a salad or side dish.