By: Meet Your Vegetables Interns
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium to thick asparagus spears, tough ends removed and spears shaved into ribbons
- *Grated Fresiago cheese from Shepherd’s Way Farm (or any other hard cheese), optional
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, mustard and salt. Place asparagus ribbons in a medium bowl. Add dressing and toss until asparagus is evenly coated. Sprinkle grated cheese on top, if desired.
*Option not included in nutrition facts.
Tip: When shaving the asparagus into ribbons, hold each spear from the bottom and peel up toward the tip. As the spear gets thinner, place it on the edge of a cutting board to finish the ribbon. If any asparagus tips fall off, add them to the bowl with the ribbons.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size ½ cup (138g), Calories 80 (Calories from fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
Nutrition Facts provided by Allina Health.
Click here for more information about our Meet Your Vegetables nutrition internship!