Radish Greens Pesto Pasta with Roasted Radishes and Chickpeas
- 3 cups chopped radishes, about 2 bunches greens reserved
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15 oz can drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 lb fusilli pasta from Sunrise Flour Mill
- 3½ cups radish greens, from about 2 bunches
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, plus more to taste
- ½ cups water
- ½ cup sunflower seeds or soaked neutral nuts like almonds, cashews, etc.
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup aged cheese from Shepherd’s Way or nutritional yeast for dairy-free option
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 F. Toss chopped radishes and chickpeas with olive oil and maple syrup to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in a single layer on a baking sheet or large cast iron pan for approximately 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks, prepare the pesto by adding remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Add more seeds or nuts to thicken and water to thin if needed. Serve warm or enjoy cool as a picnic entrée!