By: Jenny Breen
For the Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups potatoes, sliced into thin coins
- 2 cups cauliflower, sliced thinly about 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 cups golden beets, sliced thinly
- Lemon or orange juice, as needed
- Hearty whole grain bread
- Melty cheese like gruyere or gouda
- Harvest Social Pear Chutney
Curry Seasoning Mixture
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add vegetables and allow to brown, turning occasionally until tender and caremelized, about 10 minutes. Add curry seasoning mixture and mix to distribute evenly (add lemon or orange juice if it seems dry).
Butter bread on both sides. Heat skilled and place bread on skillet with a layer of cheese. When cheese begins to melt, place vegetable mixture on top, and add another layer of cheese. Cover pan to allow cheese to melt over vegetables.
Top with pear chutney, and another piece of grilled bread and heat through so cheese is melted and holding everything together.