From Ellie’s Whole Grains
- 6 cups fresh sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Combine apples and lemon juice in a baking dish, coated with nonstick spray, and toss gently to coat.
Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to blend.
Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and toss well to coat.
Combine flax, remaining cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in a separate bowl.
Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping golden brown