- This event has passed.
- Sep 24 2016
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Saturday Market
704 South 2nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401 United States + Google Map
Schedule of Events:
- 8am-1pm FARMERS MARKET OPEN, shop over 60 local food vendors and artists!
- 8am-1pm HOPPED ICE CREAM SAMPLES from Mighty Axe Hops Farm
- 9am-1pm DAY BLOCK BREWERY SAMPLES
- 9:30am-1pm LIVE MUSIC from ELK RIVER GERMAN BAND on the Guthrie Patio
- 10am-2pm PHOTOS of Minneapolis' Historic Breweries
- 10:30-11am FREE COOKING DEMONSTRATION in the Train Shed
- 11, 12, & 1 LIVE MUSIC from the BAVARIAN MUSIKMEISTERS
- 11:35, 12:30 SG EDELWEISS DANCERS
- 11am-2pm BEER GARDEN, featuring MN brews and German food
- 11:20, 12:20, 1:20, 2:20 3:20 HISTORY PLAYER William De La Barre
- 11am HISTORY OF MN BREWING presentation by DOUG HOVERSON
- 11:30-2:30 WURFKASTANIEN (Throwing Chestnuts) Kids' Activity
More information at: millcitymuseum.org
Apples, arugula, artichoke, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, collards, cucumbers, eggplant, fennel, ginger, grapes, green beans, green onions, ground cherries, herbs, kale, kohlrabi, lavender, microgreens, mushrooms, mustard greens, parsnips, radicchio, radishes, okra, oregano, peanuts, peppers (hot and sweet), potatoes, salad mix, sorrel, spinach, sweet corn, Swiss chard, thyme, tomatillos, turmeric, winter squash, zucchini and much more!
Mill City Cooks
10:30-11AM Market Chef Heather Hartman, of Farm to Fork, will prepare a seasonal Oktoberfest meal, featuring Red Table Meat Co. pancetta and “Make Your Own Market Condiments” in our FREE cooking demonstration, Mill City Cooks!
Power of Produce–PoP Club!- A seasonal vegetable tasting club for kids ages 5-12. Collect punches on trading cards and receive a $2 token to spend on produce at the market for tasting this Saturday’s vegetable! This season PoP will be at the market’s green Information Booth in the center of the market on the Chicago Mall.
11AM – 1PM MCFM welcomes back the 10-piece Elk River German Band, playing traditional Bavarian music at the top of the Chicago Mall near the Guthrie!
This Saturday’s featured local artists include: Crankosaurus Press, Fresh Mud Pottery, The Abbey Alpacas, Old World Cabinet, Birchberry Native Arts and Food, ArtAndes, and Sassy Knitwear. Find them in the train shed!