- This event has passed.
Bread Festival 2018
- Sep 22
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Saturday Market
704 South 2nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401 United States + Google Map
Our farmers will let us know soon!
- 8 – 9:30 Home Bakers drop off breads
- 8 – 1 Seed art craft activity and coloring
- 9:30 – 10:30 Share and listen to home bakers’ bread stories
- 10:30 – 11:30 Bread demonstrations emceed by Heather Meyer
- ►Darrold Glanville of Sunrise Flour Mill – Demystifying Sourdough
- ►Jonathan Kaye of Heritage Breads – Sourdough Pita
- ►Arie Preisert of Northern Fires – Sourdough Pizza
Remember to head inside where you can explore the Mill City Museum and learn about Minneapolis’ flourful history!
Enter your loaf in our annual Bread Baking Showcase to share the story of bread in your life! The Baking Showcase is open to all, and participants will receive a gift of 2 free mimosas at Spoonriver restaurant, free admission to the Mill City Museum, $5 off at Lakewinds Co-op and a free dough scraper from Sunrise Flour Mill!
Yeasted or quick breads welcome. To enter, simply fill out our Showcase Entry Form (before the market or on-site) and drop off your loaf between 8 and 9:30 a.m. in the train shed kitchen demo patio. From 9:30 to 10:30 bakers will sample and share stories of their breads for the public.
9 to 10 a.m. – As part of the Market’s mission to grow a healthier community, we’ve partnered with local neighborhood yoga studios to offer free outdoor yoga classes! Before or after you shop the Market, join talented instructors from Alchemy 365 for an hour of blissful outdoor practice in the lawn overlooking the Mighty Mississippi and Stone Arch Bridge! Learn more
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Say Darling Stringband will be playing in the green music tent by the Guthrie stairs.
Click here to view our interactive vendor map and see who’s in this week!