In light of City, State and CDC recommendations, Mill City Farmers Market is no longer requiring masks for visitors, staff or vendors when outside. Please follow the Mill City Museum’s most recent masking policies posted on the doors when inside the building for restrooms. Thank you for your on-going patience, and see you Saturday!
Please help us ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone:
- Stay home if you or someone in your home are sick. Many of our vendors are making home deliveries, learn more below.
- No dogs in the train shed. Dogs are allowed in the uncovered areas on Chicago Avenue and the Chicago Mall. Please be mindful of your physical distancing with your dog as you move through the market.
- No eating on-site. To-go food is available from vendors to enjoy at home or on a picnic.
- Shop efficiently. Preorder online, and shop with a grocery list for walk-up purchases.
Special thanks to the Minneapolis Foundation the Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association (DMNA) for their support of our Covid-19 essential efforts.
Community health and wellness have been at the core of our mission since we opened 15 years ago. We take our role in local food access seriously. We are closely following CDC, Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Agriculture guidance, recommending that masks and physical distancing are essential to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Farmers markets have long been places to gather and build community. However, we must follow public health and safety recommendations and resist the urge to linger and socialize. We all have a critical role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We have made the following changes to our market to ensure our community’s safety and do our part to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19:
- Working with Mill City Museum’s building engineer to ensure fresh air exchange in indoor spaces is increased to 90-100% beginning 4 hours before the market opens and that air ventilation pathways are out of the way of customer traffic
- Updating the building’s air filters to MERV-14 filters, providing between 90% and 95% efficiency for filtering particles between 3 and 10 microns in size
- Providing PPE and sanitizing products for visitors, staff and vendors
- Cancelling market events including cooking demos, sampling, music and other entertainment that draw crowds
Thank you for your patience, understanding and goodwill during this quickly evolving time. We are monitoring this situation very closely and will communicate any additional changes on this page, our weekly email newsletter, Facebook and Instagram. We care deeply about you and thank you again for placing your trust in Mill City Farmers Market.