Note: Manoomin is Ojibwe for “the good berry” or “wild rice.”
Recipe courtesy of Minneapolis Public Schools.
- 3/4 cup manoomin (wild rice)*, cooked
- 1 1/4 cup squash*
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey from Ames Farm*
* Sourced at the market.
- Cook manoomin (wild rice) according to package instructions.
- Boil squash until tender. Drain, rinse, and cool.
- Place frozen blueberries in blender. Add honey and oil until emulsified.
- Mix manoomin, squash, cranberries, and dressing.