by Chris Bundy, spoonriver restaurant
- 1 ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups Extra Virgin olive oil (get the good stuff)
- ½ cups honey (try to use raw)
- 1 cups chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground mustard
Whisk until a light, homogenous, even vinaigrette comes together.
It will last one week in fridge. Some say it’s even better if it rests a while in the fridge!
4-6 C arugula (or another green such as spinach, lettuce, or a mix)
6-8 strawberries, quartered
1 small red onion, quartered, julienne
1 cucumber – halved and sliced, about twelve slices are needed