Recipe courtesy of Minneapolis Public Schools Culinary & Wellness Services.
- 2 cups matchstick kohlrabi
- 1/2 cup matchstick daikon radish
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrot
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
Combine sriracha, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar or honey, and applesauce for the dressing. Set aside.
Mix the vegetables in a large bowl and coat with dressing.
Kid Kimchi in the News: ‘Kimchi for kids? Minneapolis schools dish out Kid Kimchi to stretch students’ taste buds’ (Star Tribune, November 2017)