By: Market Chef Jenny Breen
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter (optional-can also use tahini or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 inches chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon dried crushed red pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seed oil
- 2-3 packages fresh ramen or soba noodles* (about 1lb dry)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 ounces salmon/trout*
- 3 cups (loosely packed) mixed baby greens*
- 2 heads of baby bok choy*, cored, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cucumber*, deseeded and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro* plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint*
- Salted roasted peanuts (or other nuts, optional)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 eggs*
- 1 large tomato*, halved, then thinly sliced
- 2 scallions*, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced on the bias
*Sourced at the Mill City Farmers Market
Puree sauce ingredients in blender until smooth. With machine running, gradually add oil through opening in lid. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing).
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Rinse with cold water; drain well and let drip dry. Using kitchen shears or knife, cut noodles crosswise in 2 to 3 places. Drizzle noodles in strainer with sesame oil and toss to coat.
In a saucepan of simmering salted water, poach salmon/trout until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Slice if able, or break into pieces.
In a small nonstick skillet, cook beaten egg over medium heat until set in a thin sheet like an omelette, about 3 minutes; cover during last minute to set the top. Remove from skillet, let cool, then roll and thinly slice into strips. Set aside.
To serve, place greens, bok choy, cucumber, chopped cilantro, and mint in large bowl. Add dressing, and noodles; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top the noodles with salmon, tomato, scallions peanuts and sliced egg (alternatively, boil eggs, cool and cut into quarters).