• 1 teaspoon fresh coffee grounds from Cafe Palmira
• ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
• ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
• ¼ teaspoon grated orange zest
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• 12 ounces wild-caught Alaskan salmon from Wild Run Salmon
• 2-3 cups seasonal vegetables (optional side dish)
Mix all of the spices together and rub 1 ½ teaspoons of the spice mix into the flesh side the salmon. Leftover spice rub can be stored in a small jar or other air-tight container. Let the rub sit for 30 minutes up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Bake the salmon skin-side down at 375 degrees (or grill on medium-high heat) for 10-15 minutes, depending on its thickness.
Serve the salmon with seasonal roasted vegetables. In winter, we suggest a combination of chopped potatoes, onions, beets and carrots tossed in oil, salt and pepper and roasted at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until tender.