By: Market Chef Heather Hartman
- 1 bunch, or 1‐½ lbs. long beans (or green beans) cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 Thai Chile (or jalapeno), minced
- 1/3‐cup chicken or veg stock
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar or Chinese black vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ cup pitted olives (Moroccan dry‐cured, or pitted kalamata olives)
- Optional: 4 oz. cooked ground pork or chicken, broken into small pieces
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the long beans and cook 2 minutes. Drain
and set aside.
In a large wok or large non‐stick skillet, heat 2 tsp. canola oil and 1 tsp. sesame oil
on high heat. Add the long beans and cook without stirring for 2 minutes. Toss the
beans and cook for 1 more minute. Add the garlic, ginger, Chile pepper, and sauté for
Add the chicken or vegetable broth, vinegar, and soy sauce and cook until almost
reduced. Add the olives and cook for 1 more minute. Add the cooked ground pork or chicken if using.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice, and a cucumber salad.