Use on fish or grilled meats. Steak-like fish (marlin, swordfish) benefit from a short dip in equal parts lime, tamari and mirin before grilling or broiling.
Makes 1.5 cups
- 3 cups packed fresh basil
- 3 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp poached or toasted garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp seeded and finely chopped Serrano chile
- Zest and juice of one lime, to taste
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry-toasted unsalted peanuts and cashews, chopped 1⁄2 cup peanut or olive oil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Add herbs, ginger, lime juice and zest, chile, sesame and peanuts to food processor.
Pulse and few times to chop, then slowly add the peanuts and olive oil in a thin stream. Stop a few times to scrape down sides. Add additional oil if needed.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.