Recipe by Serena Wolf from her cookbook The Dude Diet.
- 2 ounces Red Table Meat Co. pancetta, salami or prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula, spinach or other salad greens
- 1/4 cup shaved Freisago cheese from Shepherd’s Way Farm or parmesan
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs from Sunshine Harvest Farm
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the sliced pancetta or prosciutto in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Crumble into large pieces. (if using salami, skip this step).
While the meat is crisping, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl. Add the arugula or other greens to the bowl (it will seem like too much, but it’s going to wilt in the dressing). Add the cheese and crumbled meat and toss to coat. Taste and season with a tiny bit of salt if necessary. Divide the salad between two plates or bowls.
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering (but not smoking!), carefully crack the eggs into the pan, leaving a little bit of space between them. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites are just set., but the yolks are runny.
Top each salad with a fried egg and serve with plenty of freshly cracked ground pepper.