As part of Mill City Farmers Market (MCFM)’s mission to inspire and nurture a healthy community, we are happy to offer other non-profits and local businesses space to share their good work through tabling at the market. MCFM receives lots of interest from local organizations interested in having a presence at the market, and we can typically only accommodate one or two organizations at both our outdoor and indoor markets. Community booths are booked two to three months prior to the start of the market season and will be assigned on a case-by-case basis. We prioritize healthy food, agriculture, cooking, environment, wellness and Mill District neighborhood organizations ahead of others.
If you are interested in having a booth at the Mill City Farmers Market or learning more about community booths at the market, please review the information below.
- Outdoor markets typically have between 3,000 and 6,000 visitors
- Outdoor markets are open from 8am-1pm (9-1 in October). You are required to be set up a half hour before the start of the market and remain at your booth until the end of the day (with breaks for grocery shopping, of course!)
- At the outdoor markets, we offer community booths one 10’ x 10’ tent, one 6’ table and a large chalkboard sign. You are welcome to fill the space with additional items, per approval from market management (Please note: the market is situated in an extremely windy location!)
- Indoor markets typically have between 750 and 2,000 visitors. They are open from 10am-1pm and community booths receive one 6’ table and a large chalkboard sign.
- Community booths are mentioned in the market’s social media and listed on the event page on our website.
Non-profit organizations and small businesses are eligible to be community booths at the market. Organizations and businesses that are interested in supporting the market further may be interested in market sponsorship.
- Non-profits provide customers with information about unique projects around the city and add to the community feel of the market.
- Organizations represent many interests from local food and healthy living to conservation and youth empowerment. MCFM is pleased to support other non-profits in the community.
- Community booths for non-profit organizations are free.
- Priority is given to those that have a product directly related to food, agriculture, wellness and sustainability.
- The decision to allow any retail business at market is at the sole discretion of the market management.
- Small business will be charged a fee of $150 to participate as a community booth
- Mill City Farmers Market can provide tent and tables (and table cloth upon request).
- Our site is very, very windy—please plan accordingly with weighted signage and materials.
- You will not be able to drive a vehicle onsite but we do have carts available to help you load and unload your vehicle
- We have limited access to electricity. Clear all electrical and other special needs with market management.
- You may park at either of the two ramps on 2nd Street or at the flat lot on the southeast side of Chicago Avenue and Washington. Parking at the meters is reserved for the market’s customers.
- Fundraising efforts require permission of market management and shall be limited to appropriate items that do not compete with regular market vendor sales, match the market’s standards of healthy, local and organic, and are in accordance with City and State health codes and licensing.
- Distribution of samples or free items must be cleared by market management and may require a hand washing station.
- If you would like us to include information about your booth in our social media or on our website please provide the information at least one week prior to your scheduled market date.
Please complete the application below and email it to MCFM’s Marketing and Events Manager: Jenny Heck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Word Doc: Community Booth Application 2017
For questions about Community Booths at MCFM, please contact MCFM’s Marketing and Events Manager: Jenny Heck, email@example.com; (612) 341-7580